Monday 5 January 2009

Mew Year Blues... Operation Daddy - Step 6

Well it's been lovely having Daddy home for the past 2 weeks to work on, but sadly he's back to work today... I guess I'm pleased that D'Boy is back to school too as that gives me more "Mummy Time", but honestly I'm rather missing having my student at home! It seems he's learnt a lot over the past couple of weeks and I have therefore been able to reward him a little more often of late. Ok I admit it I was kind of enjoying rewarding him...

Anyway the clicker training of Daddy has continued over this time and he's now pretty good at supplying my needs on command! :) For this I have started to talk to him directly a little more than I used to. Prior to this almost all my communication with Daddy has gone via My Mummy... It seems he has been studying "cateese" and is now at least able to understand the basic commands without the need for My Mummy to act as his translator! This is a big step forward and I feel that he can now go on to the accelerated program! ;) So remember everykitty that persistence pays off in the end and don't let your Dad slack off his training program, just because he's back to his normal work hours... :)

From this point forward the pace of some Daddy's learning will greatly increase like that of my own, however some will still need a good deal of encouragement and the occasional punishment to keep them in line! I have always found that the best form of punishment is to steal their food, especially when it's getting close to that time when your Mummy goes hunting and the fridge is looking kind of empty, as it's harder for them to find a replacement for that slice of ham you stole from their lunch. Oh yes a few lunches consisting of a marmalade sandwich to go with their banana and a packet of crisps will surely make them pay more attention to you in future! ;)

Anyway for now I can take a break from Daddy's intensive training course and have a good long cuddle with Mummy and Isis! Mummy and I have spent a lot of time cuddling her of late as she's feeling the loss of her beloved Sen-Chan quite a bit... The really lovely thing was Sen-Chan's #1 phoning My Mummy yesterday for a chat and to make sure that Isis is doing just fine healthwise at this time, it quite made all of our days and I gather that there may well be family visits in the future! :)

Talking of family visits Mummy, Daddy and D'boy had a lovely visit with some of Mummy's many cousins and second-cousins on Saturday and she came home with some very nice kitty smells on her. So it seems that 2009 will probably bring us plenty of people to fur on! Well a mancat can but hope... ;)

6 comments:

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Wow Ramses, 2 whole weeks straight to work on training your Daddy ... you must be exhausted! You certainly deserve the cuddle time with your Mummy, that's for sure!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

TabbyNormal said...

We are glad to hear your Dad is such a smart one, but you really do deserve a break.

#1 is a lovely person (we have heard from our Ms. C) and it was sweet of her to give you a call.

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think that no matter how much I try and train my male he fails. He is hopeless...

Unknown said...

We has heard clicker trainin works well on woofies but bean men too? WHOA!!

hahahah we is glad yoo stole da ham, it'll teach him faster dat way we fink!

The Wanderer said...

I am so sorry to hear of Isis's loss :(

Yes, I am fairly sure that Monkey is pregnant and due between the 26th of Jan and at the latest Feb 2. But then again, it depends on when she finally was bred, and I can't know that cause she was MIA for 11 days. So at the other end of the spectrum it could be 10 more days then I think it is....

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

With your help,
I am sure your daddy will progress everyday~!