Saturday 1 September 2007

Isis saves the day...

The boy's new Hero!

Well ok, more like the boy's retainer... Yesterday had been going very well and everyone was enjoying themselves, when the boy lost his retainer after dinner. Since finding it Mummy & Dad have worked out he must have dropped it without noticing he'd done so while putting his plate in the dishwasher, but needless to say panic broke out when he couldn't find it. Mummy and Dad were really cool about it all as he's never lost it before or even damaged it - he knows getting a replacement one not only takes time, but costs rather a lot of money. Anyway Mummy and Dad helped him look all over the house and they'd all come to the conclusion that it was going to need replacing by the time the boy went to bed.

Dad decided he wasn't that tired so stayed up really late after Mummy'd gone to bed for a snuggle with me (I'd been missing snuggle time with Mummy being away with Dad and the boy for Dad's Father's funeral). So when Dad went to the fridge for a mug of milk before finally coming to bed, Isis followed him (she's milk mad and always on the look out for more!). Suddenly Dad was aware that she wasn't asking for milk, but was trying to get something out from under the fridge. He bent down to look what she'd found and was overjoyed to see she'd got the boy's retainer! :) Isis is all happy too as she got extra milk and has been told she's certainly worth her weight in milk! ;) So the retainer has been steralized and the boy has it back and is very grateful to my sweet little 'sis, cause he really doesn't like loosing stuff even if it can be replaced and no one's cross at him...

Hopefully this'll mean we'll all get a little of the good 'nip before Mummy, Dad and the boy go off to their friend's son's christening! Well that's what I'll keep hoping for, well that and some of the yummy gravy Mummy made us yesterday! ;)


6 comments:

Lux said...

Hooray for Isis! That is such a great true story - it sounds like a celebration is in order! With lots of nip sprinkled over gravy!

Daisy said...

I am so proud of Isis! She really is a true hero.

Karen Jo said...

Isis is a true hero. I am so glad that she found the Boy's retainer. I haven't been by in a while and hadn't heard about the Dad's father's death. You have my heartfelt condolences.

Ramses said...

Thanks everyone I'll tell Isis you're all proud of her, that'll make her swell with pride I'm sure! :) As for getting her tummy to swell with food, she's done very nicely thanks you... ;)

Yesterday she had not 1 but 2 fish fingers as well as a large bowl of chicken with extra gravy! No wonder she snuggled up to Mummy's legs and slept with her all night... It's ok I got my rightful spot between Mummy & Dad still! :)

Oh and lastly karen jo, thanks it's appreciated.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

My dearest Ramses, so sorry I've been away for a long while - like 2 wks. I missed you very, very much. I blame it on my mommy...she said her work and going away on the weekends made her very, very busy and she had no time for us to blog.

I am so proud of Isis!! She is such a helpful kitten!

~Marie

Ramses said...

Hi Sweety, don't worry about it I've been busy here fending Isis off and keeping my tail out of her mouth! See today's blog on one of the benifits of having a little 'sis around... Hope you like the results! :)