Tuesday 15 July 2008

Tails on Tuesday

Well since TT asked nice and I don't think I've ever put it all down in words, I thought today I'd tell you all a little about how I came to live with My Mummy...

I was born in Bristol and spent my first few months of life living there with my momma cat and dad too. When I was a few months old I went to live with some other people in Kent, they were nice too but as I got bigger and older and started getting urges that would put Skeezix ones to shame I started to have to live in my own little house and run. I liked that a little less than the big house, but got used to it ok in the end when they let some of the girl cats from the house come and visit me. This was mighty good for my urges, but as soon as I'd eer dealt with the urges the girl cats left me and went back to live in the big house. I liked this bit less... Though I was offered other companion cats they didn't wanna help me with my urges, so I didn't think much of that as you can guess! ;) Then they started taking me to cat shows and to start with they were kind of ok, but soon I got sick of the judges all that picking me up and looking at me - well it's not for this mancat I can tell you! So I tried the bitey and they left me alone and told my owners about it, saying that if I put the bitey on one of them again I would be banned from attending shows. So hearing that I made sure to give the big tall man judge that I didn't like a really good taste of the bitey at the next chance I got! ;) So that ended my show carrier shortly after I'd been made a Champion.

Next I had a strange girl come and visit me, she didn't smell at all right so I got really, really cross and told her to go home and leave me alone in no uncertain terms... Apparently I was supposed to like her just like I did the house girls who helped with my urges?! Sorry, but I'm one picky mancat and soon became one cranky mancat as they tried to introduce another visiting girl to me.

Next I know I was having my bits removed to see if that would make me a happy boy again... That was it as far as I was concerned, I was quite happy having my bits thank you all very much! So I decided to lash out at everyone as they just weren't listening to my complaints or meeting my needs... Soon no one could or would touch me as they were scared that I'd put the bitey on them, this made me desperatly sad so in the end they decided to see if they could find me a proper Mummy with the time and courage to deal with my issues and help me be a happy boy once more. Luckily for them My Mummy phoned to see if they had any Abys needing rehoming and after a long talk on the phone with the man, and then the lady phoning Mummy when she got home too, they arranged a visit for me! :)

It was just 3 days later that My Mummy arrived to see me in person. The lady took her to see me in my special little house over looking the chicken coup (maybe this is the reason for my obsession with chicken?!). At first I was my usual grumpy self and wouldn't let the lady touch me, then I saw My Mummy and started getting brave. Soon I was letting My Mummy touch my furs! The lady was quite shocked by my attitude, but very pleased too as I was letting My Mummy get closer to me than I'd let anyone get in months!

After a squillion hours of talking with the lady and man, My Mummy came back to my house with a carrier and a lovely crochet blanket made just for me! :) Soon I was on my way to live with My Mummy, the tall man who was to become Dad and D'boy...

When I got here I met Tigmut'hep and even though he's known for being the biggest grumper ever known to cat kind he decided he felt sorry for me... Soon he was showing me how to play games and when ever I got really scared he'd come running over to check up on me and give me a pep talk - so you see he really can be a sweet boy too when he wants - just don't tell him you know this ok?! ;) I can't say it was over night, but over time I started to relax and soon I was starting to fuss My Mummy and purr. Then I started to sit on My Mummy and purr too! Now I just throw myself at My Mummy and cover her in furs while purring like a mad thing, because she made my life so much better than it was before... :)

Before I met My Mummy I'd pretty much lost all trust in humans and was scared stiff of girly cats too. But with time and love I have learnt to be the cat I really wanted to be all along... I now have My Mummy to love as well as my own sweet little half-sister to cuddle up to and play with. Tigmut'hep is still my bestest buddy even though he's Da'Boss here and didn't like my 'sis for ages. I'm the one who got him to change his views on lady cats it seems, so have returned the favour he gave me when I first arrived here... :)

Now I'm a happy, healthy and very playful mancat. I've even been back to visit the lady and man who used to own me and they were so impressed as I'd let them fuss me like I had as a kitten, all that fear and anger was gone and I was the real me again all thanks to My Mummy and their good judgement in placing me with her! :) The man and lady still breed Abys and have helped My Mummy at every turn in making her dream of breeding Abys come true. They have also just promised My Mummy that when the time is right for her they will try and breed her the right stud cat to keep for Isis and her daughters that stay with us over time. Mummy hopes to one day be able to help more with Aby Welfare to pay back the help and friendship she's been shown since my adoption, but for now she's plenty busy enough with us cats, showing, breeding and writing for a cat magazine...

So there you have it sweet TT, the story of how I came to live here and why I love My Mummy more than anyone... While Tigmut'hep says he owns D'Boy and Isis quite likes Dad, when it comes down to it we all flock to My Mummy's side if she's even the slightest bit off colour - you see she special to us all so we have to make sure she's well looked after... As I have said before this is the "ramyfurccasions" of love! :)

12 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Ramses, my Red Friend! Your life has been an eventful one and I am so sorry that you had to go through some difficult, bitey and grumpy time. It makes me feel so grateful that I met my Mummy-for-Life when I was still a very little boy.

It is an honour to be your friend. By the way, I am pining for news of my beautiful Isis...

Sen-Chan

Anonymous said...

Ramses, what a wonderful story of how you found your Mommy and your forever home and family! Mom's are the best!!

Castle said...

that's a beautiful story Ramses, your Mummy is obviously s pecial lady who knows how to treat you right...she certainly sent my meowmie some lovely messages and advice when we lost Stormie..and also gave us some good guidance re: thomasina!

i tagged you for a MeMe but I see you have already done it :)

xxx

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Ramses! Indeeds you has founds the right bean for you. It is great that I finally know your story and that the ending is truely a furry HAPPY one. Yay!!

PeeSSss: I's goin to try to get Mommy Bean to try to make that catnip jelly this week. It sounds yummy and chicken is my favorite meat too!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Ramses, I had no idea what a difficult beginning you had had. I am glad you found your forever home and are happy there.

LZ said...

Thank you for sharing your whole story! Your Mummy sure sounds like a wonderful cat Mummy indeed. And your big bro sounds a lot like Chase. I'm very happy you have such a happy family now.

Latte

Lux said...

Oh, Ramses, that was quite a story (and quite a lot you went through). I was really touched when I got to the part where you found your mummy.

I'm sure glad you found such a wonderful forever home!

Team Tabby said...

Ramses we read your remarkable story with great interest. We are so glad you found your forever mommy and that she believed in you enough to give you a chance at happiness!

Mindy & Moe

Just Ducky said...

Ramses you had quite a life so far. I am happy that you found a home where you could be happy, healthy and loved.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Ramses, thank you for sharing your story with us! We are so glad that you found a wonderful Forever Home where you could learn to be happy. :) It is clear that you love your mom and she loves you. :)

Karen Jo said...

You have had an eventful life, Ramses. I am glad that your Mummy found you and gave you a great forever home, where you could be happy.

The Cat Realm said...

Thank you Ramses for sharing your story, we loved reading it. And we are very happy that you found your home with your Mom who seems to be a very nice and special human!