Monday 1 September 2008

Mancat Monday Moan...

Yes, I feel I have the right to moan this Mancat Monday... Not only has My Mummy been preoccupied with DIY of late and kept me from writing my bloggy, but Dad managed to paint me all white yesterday afternoon! Oh yes I got a large patch of white gloss paint all down one side of me and my face! :( While I adore the pretty white furs of My Marie and find Lux's furs also very attractive in a Mancatly sort of way, I just don't want any myself... So there I was all white and very cross with Dad and who came to my rescue when Dad suggested I get a bath and fast, yes it was My Mummy! :)

It seems that she'd worked out fast that since the paint was nearly dry she could probably get most of it off with my lovely sctitchy brush! :) Well you all know that I love to be brushed, so what had once looked like a complete disaster and seemed to be about to be compounded by the horrors of the bath, could in fact be sorted by having My Mummy give me a darn good brushing and then grudgingly letting her carefully rub the remaining paint off my face furs.

So after a good deal of brushing and quite some careful rubbing of the fur around my face that got painted I am pretty much back to normal and looking mighty gorgeous. While there is a little incresed lightness where the paint once was a few more brushing sessions and I'll be good as new. See Dad I didn't need a nasty bath and I no longer need to put a contract out on you! ;)

14 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Poor Ramses. You have obviously been through a great deal!

Please pass on my thanks to Isis for the lovelies. I am just so enchanted that she thinks of me...

Sen-Chan

Kimo and Sabi said...

We fink it's a conspiracy! Yer dad painted you on purpose and yer momma just pretended to rescue you all da while part of da conspiracy to git you warshed! Them beans is tricky!

Daisy said...

Thank goodness you did not need a bath to get cleaned up!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Jeepers, Ramses, next time just use Clairol!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh Ramses, that sounds like a horribly busy time for you.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

When Mom had painting issues with Charmee an' Sparky Fuzzypants, she just let the paint dry an' then used our cat comb to comb the paint out. It worked furry well on tails an' hips, but not so hot on the feets!
DMM

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Ramses, what an ordeal! We feel for you furriend, but at least it worked out where you got your much loved brushing, and the anticipation of more to come! Tell your Dad to never paint you again!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Victor Tabbycat said...

Oh Ramses! Dat's not da way to get hair in da fresh paint! Dude, lucky you didn't need no baf. I's had 3 cuz I gotted shtuff on me that wouldn'ta brushed out.

I hope yur scritchy brush isn't ruined. I'd be furry upset if my Zoom Groom was ruined.
Purrs,
Victor

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Poor Ramses! I'm glad that you got a nice brushing instead of a wet bath! I hope that your dad knows better now than to paint you again!

Purrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Unknown said...

OMC's Ramses! It's good that mum knew better than to subject you to a bath. Oh the horror! And what was dad thinkin when he got you all dirty? Hmmmmmm ?

~ Shadow ~

Black Cat said...

Good thing your Dad didn't bath you, I don't think gloss paint and water go together well... Although they probably make a water-based gloss now; what would I know, I haven't wielded a paint brush in years, lol!!! I wish there were some photos though, haha!

I've just been trying to catch up a bit and had to laugh over the frog bothering! Ollie loved frog bothering and your exploits were so evocative:) xxx

Just Ducky said...

Mum wants to paint but wonders what would happen to me. Guess we know know!

TabbyNormal said...

Hehe... We don't blame you for doing your best to avoid that bath. At least you did not do something silly like hide until the paint was dry.

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

LZ said...

Oh wow! I guess this is why we aren't allowed in the sleeping room while its being painted. I know I'd do something like this.

Kaze