Friday 12 October 2007

Finking Friday

It seems this finking on Friday's is becoming a bit of a habit here... So far today I've mostly been finking what a total nutcase Isis is most mornings! I've also finked about checking her kitten food for traces of 'nip as surely no normal kitty bounces off the walls like that without the aid of some really good 'nip?! ;) All in all I finks she's a bit hyper most mornings and has way too much energy for my own good...

I finks I'm only days away from being 100% better and I therefore finked that I'd better wake Mummy up at 3am to show her how much better I felt... ;) It's amazing what a Mummy'll agree with, and to at 3am and I managed to get a good deal of fussing out of her before she agreed to let me sleep on top of her for the rest of the night! :)

Mummy was helping the boy learn some new spellings and come up with sentences for them as a part of his homework last night and it got me to finking good and hard... It seems an aerodrome is
an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo. So what on earth is a Hippodrome and do I really want to find out?! Well as you all probably know a hippo is large thick-skinned herbivorous animal living in or around rivers of tropical Africa, so I fink a Hippodrome must be a place where they make controlled landings and have accommodations... I fink it's a bit worrying, 'cause I'm not sure hippos are any good at flying, and I know they'z more vishus than deer! So be warned everykitty, keep well clear of anything called a Hippodrome and watch out for low flying hippo if you go outside! Oh and I fink you should look for some vishus hippo spray too...

Now I know why Mummy doesn't let us go out other than into our run, 'cause that's got a roof to keep out d'hippos! Now I fink it's time for a nap so I can recover from the stress of knowing there's vishus low flying hippos out there... ;)

PS: Please vote for us on Catster: Ramses, Isis & Tigmut'hep

13 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, you've been doing a lot of thinking! Isis sounds like me in the mornings - I'm a totally crazy cat for a while, and usually drive my humans crazy, especially my mom, when she's trying to sleep in. I'm glad you are feeling better, Ramses. Sendings healing purrs your way.

I think I'm glad we don't have any flying hippos here. Oh, my mom says a hippodrome is a place for horse races. Well, then they should call it a horsedome or a racedome. Humans are weird.

LZ said...

Weird stuff! Humans never make much sense to me anyway. We have hippos who live in the aquarium about 15 minutes from our house. We hear they're fairly not so nice creatures and we worry they will swim up the river or take the train to get us!

Kaze

Tazo said...

Those are very deep thoughts. I'm glad you're feeling better. And thanks for the warning about the vishus hippos. I thought a hippodrome was a marshmallow cookie. Mmmm, marshmallow...

Gemini said...

Those are some great photos at Catster. We voted for our favorites.

I have not heard of a hippodrome before, but I think I understand your comment to Chey about flying hippos now!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Hehe! Wow, you do tons of thinking! That's gurreat, my sweet boyfurriend, coz I don't have time to think, I want to play! play! play!

Happy Weekend, and of course we'll vote for you!!!

~Marie

Victor Tabbycat said...

Oh, garsh. That's a lot to fink about. Do you know Zumi, Malingering's cat on Flickr? She FLIES! She turned 1 yesturday an it sounds like Isis has her energy.

I nefur herd of low-flyin hippos afore! I only know the ones in the purrthday song - you know, Hippo Birdy Two Ewes! Mom sumtimes yells "Watch out fur low-flyin cats" when I's racin thru the howse.

You fink maybe we had hippos on our roof? Mom thot there was sumfin big up there one nite.

Team Tabby said...

I always fink best on a full stomach - finking is hard work, maybe that's why I am always hungry. Mom moved the hiding place for the treats, now I have to fink where she might have hid them. Glad you like my puffy tail.

Moe

The Crew said...

We went over and voted. Isis, you look lovely in your tiara.

Ramses, too much thinking makes us tired. How long are you planning on napping? Personally I try to get in a minimum of 16 hours a day.

George

Anonymous said...

*giggle*, my little brother Mao is something of a nutcase in the morning -- he tears around the house with his hind end in the air yelling MAO MAO MAO and he wrestles with Brainball and Dorydoo and tries to wrestle with me sometimes but I'm not much for wrestling.

I am so glad that you are feeling better, Ramses! That's superb -- we have been purring for you!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Ramses said...

I'm amazed that so few of you have heard of the vishus low flying hippos, 'cause the birthday song clearly says "Hippo birdy" as Victor so cleverly pointed out without realizing it... ;)

Oh and I'm feeling even better today than I did yesterday, so plan to let My Marie see how much better I feel in purrson and to heck with finking for a few hours... ;)

Marie my Sweet, your ever loving boyfurriend needs a good snuggling! :)

Sasha said...

Hippos don't fly Rameses as they are too bulky. Lynettea told me that. She takes pictures of them at the zoo. There are two sorts of hippo there. Nile hippo and Pygmy hippo. they are both large bulky animals, but the Nile is a bigger hippo than the Pygmy. I think the pygmy is more savage though. Apparently the ones at the zoo aren't as savage. Lynettea patted a baby hippo's ears once, she told me. She could only reach the furry tip of its ear over the door of the pen where the keeper had it behind the scenes, because she isn't very tall and has short arms. They are bigger than my arms though.

Christine and FAZ said...

Oh Ramses, a hippodrome is not for flying hippos at all so don't worry. Hippo is Greek for Horse (hippos are water horses) and drome is a track so a hippodrome is actually a track for horses to race. You are quite safe and do not need to worry. FAZ

Ramses said...

Ok so I'z got a lot to fink about now...